Sunday, May 8, 2011

Raishah Abdul Hamid.

The thing I love most about my mama is she let me be me. She let me colour my hair at sixteen, pierce my nose and write poetry in my schoolbooks.
She picked me up from school when some mean boys pasted pages of my diary at the school boards, and let me skip school for a while.

She made me feel special even when I felt my worst, even if I felt I was never going to be cool and that no boy would ever want to be with me.

She told me it was okay to like books better than boys.

I didn’t have that many friends because I always felt sort of weird or maybe people found me weird, so she took me everywhere. To classes, to meet-ups with her friends, to the saloon ;-)


She was never the traditional sort of Mom, but she was always there when it mattered the most. Always.
And when I had Ayra I finally understood why as mom’s you always have this sort of mad courage, the need to protect your baby from any harm imaginable, but to also have the wisdom to let your baby experience some things on their own.


Happy mothers day mama the bestest everest mama any daughter can ask for.

No comments: