Monday, February 25, 2008

Perubahan

On Work

Truth is I’am tired - and this related to my pre-election post. I feel like throwing in the towel and quitting. And maybe the truth is I can’t write to save my life. This is because no matter how well you think you can do something maybe you can’t.
And no matter how hard you try to prove something - its just a lost cause. I as usual have no one and on some days it just gets to me, the hopelessness of it all.

On election matters

It was my first time witnessing what actually happens on nomination day, ( I was covering for the Titiwangsa constituency), I did a story on one of the candidates - One of the seniors did a story on the other candidate. I will try to post more stories that I think will be of interest. Tell me what you think- Vasu who is very senior and experienced political writer helped me with this story.

Pas turns to woman to take on BN in `tough' Titiwangsa ( this was the headline)

KUALA LUMPUR: One man after another from Pas has failed to bring down theBarisan Nasional in Titiwangsa. Now the party is unleashing a woman to attack the Umno fortress.
The party has put its faith in its women's chief, Dr Lo'Lo' MohdGhazali. Why this sudden preference for the fairer sex?
In past elections, women had kept their distance from the Pascandidates. This time, the party hopes a woman will bring in the votesfrom the women. However, Dr Lo'Lo' is playing down gender. "I am not campaigning as a woman but as a Pas leader," she said, while emphasising that she had the credentials worthy of any man.
The Kuala Kangsar born's father is the former Perak mufti, DatukMohamad Ghazali Abdullah. A medical doctor, she served at government hospitals for six years before entering into private practice.
She was unveiled as the party's candidate on Tuesday night after a fiery ceramah by Pas president Datuk Seri Abdul Hadi Awang. Dr Lo'Lo' said Titiwangsa folk should give her a chance. "Being a doctor, I deal with people on an everyday basis. So, I wouldbe able to voice my constituents' concerns better." Although upbeat about her chances, the doctor is realistic aboutwinning. "It might be difficult but not impossible," she said of her chances

Maybe - I just need a change of a scenes, a refresher? Maybe I need a new life!

No comments: