Wednesday, February 13, 2008

City of Love?

There was this article in the newspaper - that stated proudly as a headline -Malacca - City of Love

Malacca is one of the places in my country that I love, simply because its very old. And WhenI say old I mean ancient.

There's a certain charm about old places, since there are many stories just lurking everywhere you turn.

and there have been many stories and historical accounts written about it however my favourite read is in a site maintained by Sabri Zain, on the history of the Malay Peninsula.

you can go check out his site - which has an easy to read account of Malacca history, the ancient kingdoms, parameswara, puteri gunung ledang, Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat~ it beats reading boring history books and once you're read through I'am sure you will be planning a trip to Melaka bandaraya bersejarah soon!

you can access the site by googling Sejarah Melayu or Sabri Zain. His site is linked to his wife's site which features beautiful photographs of Malaya in the old days.

for students who are learning Malaysian history this is a good site to get an overview of things, and the images are also pretty cool as well. ( well to me at least)

Happy reading! XOXO

1 comment:

Sabri Zain said...

Many thanks for your kind words on my 'Sejarah Melayu' website - it's a gentle reminder that I probably should update it a bit more often ;)

SZ
www.sabrizain.org