Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My New Baby!

Hello. Please meet my new baby:

http://sepatudanbaju.blogspot.com/



After deliberating for SO LONG, I finally managed to open a very small blogshop, which sells syria hijabs, cute tops, pre-loved items and accessories. Its also sort of my personal lookbook where I share style inspirations and my observation on hijab fashion.

I remember how hard it was for me as teenager to follow the dresscode. I always felt torn on whether to wear it or not, or to just follow peer pressure. I felt there weren't enough role-models I could look up to when it came to   following the dress code but being fashionable at the same time.

Am so glad that young girls no longer associate donning the hijab with being boring and slightly ' makcik-ky' for lack of a better word. I feel inspired everytime I see a hijabi ( girls wearing the hijab) dressing creatively and coming up with such cute looks! 

Although we still battle with perceptions by the society at large, we are slowly breaking the mould.
I LOVE IT! 

I know there would be many naysayers- but your thoughts and interpretation of our beautiful religion is your own. I have mine. So no negativity here. I know there are certain restrictions, and I'm still learning. And I think so are you. No one is PERFECT.

;-) 

No comments: