Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cerekarama - Drama - Mama

Well. The title of this post should be able to explain it all.
But am going to bore you to tears with the details anyway. Yes because am lame like that.

Yesterday the drama at ( where else? ) the office reached an all time high due to a century old problem - Communicating - A simple task a media organisation should be an expert at. But what the organisation am working at has failed to do.

Why are we scared of being honest when there is a danger of hurting some one else's feelings. Conflict is tough, but like creases you iron it out and you MOVE ON. Or else the grievances accumulate, snubs, slights, and wars.

The recipe is often simple talk it out.

NO ONE BLOODY talks to each other, and problems simmer beneath fake smiling faces and polite greetings.I can't stand the negativity of it all, because in the end the real stuff the genuine stuff gets lost in the mess.

I was a naive rookie reporter once, I want to get back to that. Now am just a jaded junior reporter- which is not what I imagined my career in writing to be.I want to feel enthusiastic and be passionate about my work  again because at the end of the day despite everything that I have to face I cannot imagine myself doing anything else but writing.

Or maybe I should start imagining NOW? 

Isn't that just sad? Don't call me complacent am just unsatisfied with the situation as you are, But I LIKE to look at the big PICTURE. I don't want to be too jaded that I can't see the silver lining anymore.

No comments: