Monday, February 2, 2009

Tales of engagement, pelvises and Yee Sang !

I'am trying to get my mind off my impending due date - - although my life seems to centre around everything baby these days . I'am officially full term, but everything seems to be pretty NORMAL!

I've been walking about quite a lot - since I've heard that it speeds up the process of the baby to be in the right position - which is called being engaged - when the baby's head descends into your pelvis. ( I know sounds really freaky kan?) but everytime I do that my feet tend to swell up like balloons, I'am left with ugly huge feet, i feel awful, tired and irrated and practically ready to kill someone.

So - I've been told by the doc to keep active but to also rest a lot (HUH?) - which does not help cause how can you keep active if you need to rest. Seems like a math equation to me!

There has been a lot of confusion in my life- but this seems to take the cake. I'am throughly confused, very scared and totally clueless, which is not something new but I hope everything turns out well -- I'am so anxious to meet this little person who has been living in me for the past nine months. I hope she likes me. Right there we go baby talk again!


So since it was Chinese New Year a while back, the H insisted that we try Yee Sang – a dish of raw fish slices mixed with crunchies and other ingredients plus sauces of various kinds.
He had tried it at a couple of assignments - and found that he liked it, and insisted that I and one of our good friends from college (also being major foodies)
try it as well.



the plate of mixed yee sang that we had - they even gave us free sprite! this plate costs RM38 which I'am not really sure is the standard price or not
!

the H and Chena enjoying their Yee Sang after much vigorous tossing hehehe - its salmon yee sang by the way --
I think part of the attraction or fun of eating yee sang comes from ' 'participation' - all those present at the dinner table, whether young or old, men or women, are supplied with chopsticks and are actively encouraged to indulge in boisterous mixing of the ingredients simultaneously. Thus, a feeling of togetherness/bonding/affirmation of ties/social solidarity is created at the same time.
I suppose one could also say that the kids enjoy this because it allows them the rare chance of playing with their food! ( I suspect this why the H likes it as well!)