Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sendiri

You know those days when you wish you were alone.
Those type of days come often to me. Although it is almost impossible to do now. I like my alone time, and if I can manage it, I adore my alone days.

I just like to retreat into my shell. And sort of change skin like a snake. Its very rejuvenating. I cannot deal with people 365 days. I sort of get a bad allergic reaction.

Does this make me a ‘Bad Mother’?

So when I came across this book written by Ayelet Waldman I could understand where she was coming from. Ayelet had written an article in the New York Times entitled “ Truly Madly Guiltily”.

She had expressed that she loved her children but that she loved her husband more. THE HORROR. THE SHOCK. All hell broke loose after that. She was branded a bad mother a traitor to the sisterhood. There were people who wanted to take her children away.

For me I think she was just being honest.

So who do you love? As for me it is just different types of love not if it is less or more just different. Both very intense. But different.

I adore my daughter to bits. And I love my husband. I relish my alone time

No comments: