Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nerds Forever ;)


* I wanted to post this earlier on the actual date itself, 20.07.2010 but we just arrived from a trip and it somehow slipped my mind. So please blame the mind and not the heart ;-) *


I have been married for three years, and Im still amazed at couples who have been married for like twenty years and above my parents and grandparents included, of whom are still married to the same people of course ( hahahah)

Am amazed because,even three years seems like a lifetime for me, maybe because I was friends with my husband way before we got married, which in total equals ten years.

And after these three years, little annoyances have crept in things that I use to find 'cute' or 'adorable' now seem' silly' 'childish' ( I think he feels the same way although does not like to admit it) and our tastes in movies, food, entertainment and even clothing have evolved and changed.

We have both put on weight, he has changed his glasses two times and we were blessed with Ayra, which have also changed us in a way.

We are not the same two people who shared classes in college trying to find our way anymore. We are still lost in a way but we officially have grown up. ( of course my parents would beg to differ but whatever ;p)

This was highlighted and made painfully obvious during one of our recent major arguments, and when I looked at him I thought ' where did that boy who used to drive me around in his red kancil on lazy sunday mornings go?"

And I realised that he grew up and in his place was a person trying to do his best for his little family and also trying to make sense of everything like I was. He is probably as confused and as tired as I am of this growing up business.

So B, things might be different and I turned out to be more annoying and exasperating than you ever imagined. But we are actually one tree with the same roots. And even with so many changes I still see glimpses of the 18-year-old boy I used to know, but I love you better because of the person you have become which is the daddy that Ayra adores.

So happy third anniversary. my doa is for many more and for us to love who we will become in the future for better or worse. XOXO

1 comment:

= yemma a mommy now = said...

olooo...sweet suungguh..im touched reading ur words..wish i can write as well as u r..but xboley tulis mcm tu pun tak pe la,janji he knows how i feel..kan ynna kan? hehe..anyway..happy belated 3rd anniversary!