Thursday, April 9, 2009

Gremlins & a little Munchkin

sleepy ayra's first passport photo!
WARNING : This is going to be a pseudo whiny but happy but still a little depressed and crazy post that has got everything to do with the authors state of mind.

Please proceed if you like reading about babies, family, crazy 26 year olds, holiday trips, fashion, phobias, and other unrelated matters that do not concern your life.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Do not proceed if you are a gremlin, hate babies, do not understand the concept of midnight snacks and cannot swallow pills and the truth.


You know the saying, time flies. Yada Yada Yada. I used to think it was the most overused phrase by everyone in the planet. But hey its true.


My little munchkin would be turning two months this Sunday one day before I start work. BIG SIGHS. Its amazing. Ayra now has more stable sleeping patterns, she can sleep up to four to five hours at night if she is really comfortable. And just as I'm feeling that I'm starting to understand her routine a little and enjoy spending time with her I HAVE to get back to work.


Today I went on a little trip with her to Bangsar to familiarise her with my aunty and her family who would be minding her when I get back to work. She slept most of the time and only cried for feeds and baths so I think she should be okay. PLEASE be okay Ayra cause mama is a worry wort and a little bit sasau. Oh dear I shall miss her so very much. I know there would be a few kinks in the first week, but hopefully insyaallah she's settle into her new routine. Allah willing.


Personally, I think the working conditions in Malaysia is not really friendly towards the family unit especially for mommies and nursing mommies . A majority of major companies and employers do not provide nurseries or breastfeeding rooms for female employees and I'm almost certain that providing childcare in the office environment is something that is unheard of.


I think that employers should realise that a mommy employee that has peace of mind about the whereabouts of her babies or children would be a more productive and happy employee.


ANYWAYS- on a much more lighter note, we went to get Ayra's first passport photo as we would be taking a trip abroad this June insyallah, she was asleep and we had to shake her up a bit for her to open her eyes, she was so terkejut with the flash and everything and only smiled after the photo was taken. She made me laugh. After that she feel asleep again. Such a seketul munchkin.
This is totally unrelated - but its amazing how hard it is to find nice stuff especially tops and b**s especially when you're nursing, so it has become my personal mission ( kesian the H) to hunt for tops that are nursing friendly and yet look sane and decent enough to wear to work and beyond.
I'M VAIN REMEMBER!
I think its okay to still want to look fashionable eventhough you're mommy. So there. Besides I like working on new looks! Its fun and it kind of challenges me creatively because I wear the hijab, so my wardrobe has to revolve around making the pieces work with my scarf.
And am happy to report that button downs and black tights are now my new best friends, although the H is still in doubt whether he wants to be my best friend after I took him around and around and around- Jangan putus asa sama saya yaaaaa. Saya sayang banget ngan kamu.
;-)
Until the next attack. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

emilalala said...

i want satu ayra's passport photo!! gluck with all the nyummy mummy baju hunting. wish i could be there and ikut u around. *kuat hugs*