Monday, October 20, 2008

On Marriages, Weddings and whatever else is happening in my small world.

Suhaila Mohamed Said - Adek-Sue bestie who is now expecting twins ;-) congratulations XOXO
Fatimah Zahra - Iema on her big day and showing off the ring!



My sister Ili Kamila Mokhtar and Husband Mustaqim

Actually this post is two months late, but what else is new..;-) I attended a myriad of weddings between the months of August and September. One of them being my own sisters wedding.

It was a beautiful wedding if I do say so myself.


My Mama has got to be the most talented wedding planner ever


We had a month to plan everything from the wedding favors to the venue to the little details. I'am proud to say that all the wedding favors were handmade and I made them myself, courtesy of all the years spent in highschool doodling on my exercise books. Although mama drove me a little nuts calling me every hour to ask if I'll be home to finish the job ( I did) yay for me... I was so proud to see Emil enjoy her a big day and me getting compliments for the lovely wedding favors hehe.


There have been comments made in blogs about the age my sister choose to get hitched, well I say the age chooses you. Contrary to popular belief.. and corny as it sounds I do think that fate plays a very big part in this jodoh business, Ask iema I'am sure she'll agree with me!

A few close friends also recently got hitched and some knocked up also to keep me company I guess - So this entry is for you. A big hug and congratulations to Emil & Muse, Adek-Sue and Haikal, Neryn and Zul, Iema and Boy.

A few wise words from one of my favourite poets Kahlil GIbran.

On Marriage,

Love one another, but make not a bond of love:

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.

Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf

Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,

Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.

And stand together yet not too near together:

For the pillars of the temple stand apart,And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.

May happiness and joy be part of you marriage always!

Love,

Ynna

No comments: